Several times when you work on your Windows PC, you fail while opening a file or program, and this error pops up; the program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. The problem is very frustrating. The missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll remains present in Microsoft Visual C++, which is Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. The problem occurs if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, corrupted, or incompatible with performing.
While programs are created, they are always in link with dynamic link libraries (DLLs). The DLLs contain code which the programs work upon. Whenever a required DLL goes missing, your Windows shall show an alert message api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. At that moment, you need to resolve the issue for your program to run successfully.
Install the software via Windows Update
Microsoft has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Update. So you can install it through Windows Update.
Type Update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) from the result.
As the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll origin is present in the software hence the problem might get solved by reinstalling it.
There are several methods to get this problem of if api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing solved. Follow the stepwise.
Installing the software through Windows Update
The Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 was built in Windows Update KB2999226. Microsoft had made it. So one can reinstall it via Windows Update.
- Go to Start. Type Update in the search box. Then select Check for update (Windows 7) or (Windows 10) from the result shown.
- Now check for updates
- Windows will start checking for updates automatically.
If you are using Windows 7, click on Install Updates.
If you are using Windows 10, it will start updating automatically.
- Now restart your computer. Keep repeating the steps mentioned above till there are no more updates available.
- Open the error file now and check if the process happened successfully. If you can open it successfully, then it is excellent. If not, you do not need to worry. More methods shall indeed work.
Downloading the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
You need to download the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing software from the Official website of Microsoft. Follow the step to perform it.
- Visit the Microsoft Download Website
- Click on Download
- Now select your system type; x64 or x84 (x32). Then click on Next
- The download shall start now.
- After the download is over. Double click on the downloaded .exe file. Now follow the instructions given on-screen to complete the installation.
- Open the same file or program you were facing in error. Check if the program is working successfully. If you still witness the same mistake, then follow method number 3.
Repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
If you have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your PC, you must try this method to solve your problem.
Check the following steps.
- Go to the Start menu. Type control in the search box. Now click on Control Panel.
- Under the Small icons pane, click on Programs and Features.
- Click on Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Now on Change.
- Select Repair.
- When the User Control Panel prompts, click on yes. Now follow all the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the repairing process successfully.
Fixing the DLL issue efficiently with DLL.files.com (free)
Almost everyone has received the message the program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing at some time or the other. Well, you do not need to worry about that anymore. It will get over soon. If any DLL file is missing from your Pc, you can fix it quickly using DLL.file.com, a website built by the same community. You can also reinstall the DLL file easily using the DLL.files Application.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit DLL.files.com
- In the search box, copy api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Now click the Search DLL file button.
- Now select the DLL file.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Check and download the correct version. Make sure you pick the highest performance.
- The central part is to reinstall api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on your computer correctly.
- You may not know how to install the DLL file. In that case, follow the installation guide given in the FAQs.
Copying the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from your friends’ computer
If by chance all the above procedures fail, follow this. You need to copy api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from any computer that works on the same Windows system as the one you work on.
Part 1: You need to check out a computer system type that matches your Windows system first.
Follow the steps to check Windows type of PC:
- Press the Windows logo key from your keyboard. This will bring up the Search box.
- In the Search box, type system information and then go to System Information from the result.
- The system type of the computer will then be visible.
From an excellent working PC, copy api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file and paste it to your PC.
Now follow the given steps:
- Go to the working computer and press the Windows logo key and E simultaneously from the keyboard to bring up the File Explorer.
- Now go to C:\Windows\System32. Type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll then press Enter.
- If you find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file, copy it. Paste it in the location where the error file was on your PC.
Note: Remember that every computer may not have the same system type and the same dll file that you wish to restore. Therefore this process might not always be successful.
If none of the methods works for you, you can subscribe to any digital tech website where they can solve the issue. You will get all types of technical support there as support. You can also contact computer technicians directly and solve the problem.